Sunday 13 January 2013

North Korea?

Should we as a world be a little bit more concerned about North Korea?

http://www.vice.com/the-vice-guide-to-travel/vice-guide-to-north-korea-1-of-3

This is the documentary I just can't shake.
The eerily empty stadiums and hotels,
the unnervingly disciplined dance routines of school children ....

When Americans are involved in cult behaviour, not only does the world respond from all the media attention, but the litteral blow up of the affair is massive.

How long are we going to wait before the Jonestown of North Korea?

Am I being dramatic? I dont think so, I think that these poor brainwashed people deserve a little bit more attention than some South Korean guards with firearms.

Are we responsible for these people at all? I believe we do owe a duty to all of humanity, those which we share the planet and our worldly resources with. I have a sincere distrust for any sort of governing body that does not allow transparency, appropriate trade and international political bonds, and refuses any assistance.

I would also like to voice my deep appreciation for 'Vice Guide' and their dedication to true and interesting news and documentaries. I believe they are an honest group, and a dedicated international development agent. Their work has led me to some interesting corners of the internet, and some serious and provoking debates. Keep up the good work.

Last but not least, I would like to clearly state that although the 'threat of nuclear arms' in North Korea will always be the hot topic, the purpose of this short blog is to hopefully remind earth that human beings are also hidden in North Korea. Human beings are pretty valuable and destructive too.

So can we shift our view, just a smidge, away from the bang of a gun and towards to bang of a heart beat?

*Free North Korea.

2 comments:

  1. Since the release of that movie there has been substantial improvements in North Korea, sometimes attributed to their new leader. This isn't the same article I read, but similar effect: http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/kim-jong-un-sends-cautious-signs-of-reform-in-north-korea-a-844061.html Cheers, fill me in on new North Korean developments, who knows perhaps we'll be heading there to deliver the first international development projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet thanks! Definitely check this outt ^^

    ReplyDelete